domingo, 9 de fevereiro de 2014

Life is all about the choices that we make


 Some days I wake up not feeling like myself. But why? Maybe that's because I'm so far away from home, that I kind of lost my identity. My fear before this trip was to lose myself little by little.

I don't know. Everything in here is so different, that I keep thinking: how would I be if I were born somewhere else? Would I still be me? Would I still believe in the same things and love the same things?

What if I love what I love, and dislike what I dislike just because I was born in Brazil? Maybe if I were born in another country I would be someone so different that it would be impossible to recognize me.

I think the key to this problem is making our own decisions, because life is all about that. Decisions. Choices. Some people believe in destiny, but I prefer the idea that we make our own history.

If we follow somebody's steps, then we are not being ourselves. In this case, we'll be just a shadow. If we choose to be just like the others around us, then we'll be nothing but a puppet. Sometimes the best decision to make is to do what we want to. Not only what to do, I mean, in general, it's pretty much everything that concerns life.



But despite all this, we always find our path. At that moment when we know for sure what we want. When we don't care about what people would say, or think or gossip about it. That moment when you are thankful for everything, and stop thinking that you should follow the society standards.

I'm here because I wanted to be. It's another world. And although I'm so far from my reality, I have never felt so me.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário