domingo, 2 de fevereiro de 2014

1st month - Let's shine!

My first month in France was incredible. I'm in love with this place. Everyday there's something different to do and, yeah, people know how to have fun in here. I just love everything. :D

Lille is such a beautiful city, and the people who live here are really nice. I'm so thankful for all this experience!

This exchange began only a month ago, but it has already changed a lot of things in my life. I'm even getting better at reading maps and knowing where to go. (And, come on, who would ever think this about me?)

At first, my father was here and he really helped me in all sort of things, as for example, on that day when I was locked at garage where I live. It was horrifying - hahaha. But, he discovered how to get out. (Fortunately!)

My extensive classes have started and I quite love them, but not everything is perfect. I mean, I'm a little worried about my two french classes, because when I have to speak, I just can't do it right. :( It's not that bad to understand what they say, and it's quite easy to read, but, despite this, everything is ok.

Especially this weekend, which was one of the best ever, because I went to Paris so that I could visit the Community of Sant'Egidio. I LOVED IT. (I talked with the Community members, while doing my best to speak properly).

The Community has something so special. <3 I fell in love with it since the Vocation Fair during World Youth Day at Rio last year.

In Paris they were sooo nice to me!! We sang a lot of the Community songs, the boys played instruments, we ate all sort of good things, we took pictures, and everyone had a lot of fun!

I remember telling my mom, during the World Youth Day, that what I wanted the most was to make new friends. Well, it would have been impossible to happen something better than this! The Community completes the part of me that it was missing. I used to feel that I had everything, but I never felt belonging to somewhere. It was like if I were flying or something, like if I never had been at the right place. But this feeling has changed. Now, no matter where I go, it will always feels like home.

I have never felt God's presence so strong. It's amazing. (I wrote this at one train station in Paris, and it felt as if I were in a sanctuary).

You know, people who live in Lille usually say that at the south of France, the sun is in the sky, but at the north, the sun is in people's heart. In my opinion, this is one of the best ways to think. I wish everybody could feel like this. We're just little sparks in this universe. It's better to show our light to others rather than keep all the emotion to ourselves. Let's shine!




  


 

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
Albus Dumbledore (from the Harry Potter movies)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário